Latest in Cinematic Technology
Auditoriums are installed with new advanced, high resolution digital cinema projection systems and giant wall-to-wall floating high gain movie screens providing ultra-realistic image and color presentation,including four 3D auditoriums. Satellites beam movies directly into theatres and offer program flexibility to stream in live concerts, sporting events and alternative special event entertainment content to auditoriums and lobby digital displays.
Hale Ikua, the venue’s premier large format auditorium, features a massive screen and the latest in cutting-edge audio technology. True to its Hawaiian translation (House of Loud and Thunderous Voice) the auditorium is equipped with Dolby Atmos surround sound which moves throughout the room with precision placement and superb definition.
King Size Luxury Recliners
Nearly 1,300 fully-reclining, oversized seats with food and beverage trays. The seats can be reserved on-site or in advance of show times.
Expanded Concession Menu & Gourmet Popcorn
In addition to offering the traditional movie classics, specialized menu items were created exclusively for the venue to showcase regional favorites. Area vendors will supply freshly-made artesian breads for sandwiches, buns and pizza dough. Items anticipated to be popular with local moviegoers include:
- “Off-the-Hook” –blondie brownie, potato chips and popcorn drizzled w/caramel and chocolate sauce
- Gourmet hot dogs (“Paniolo” topped w/chili, pineapple and bacon;“Kimchi”) and burgers(“Big Kahuna Burger”)
- Specialty sandwiches (“Vietnamese-French” and“Hawaiian”)
- Fresh pizzas (Margherita, Lemongrass Chicken,Kalua Pork)
- Malasada bites
- Baked goods from Honolulu’s Let Them Eat Cupcakes (red velvet, guava and double chocolate flavors) and CoCoMac cookies from Honolulu Pie Co.
An expanded popcorn menu from Popcornopolis will feature gourmet flavors such as Jalapeno Cheddar, Zebra (drizzled with chocolate and white chocolate) and Coconut Bliss.